Career Exploration In Finance
This course introduces students to the challenging and lucrative world of finance. While “Wall Street” may still get a bad rap after the 2008 financial crisis, finance careers still remain highly sought after and can be highly rewarding. The course reviews key financial terms and examines various groups, positions, and roles within financial institutions. Students will learn about resumes, interviews, and networking. Students will also discuss ethics on Wall Street and the role of finance within society.
Course Outline by Module
- Module 1 – Why Pursue a Career in Finance?
- Module 2 – Finance Basics
- Module 3 – Investment Banking
- Module 4 – Sales and Trading
- Module 5 – Private Wealth Management
- Module 6 – Financial Planning and Analysis
- Module 7 – High School, College, and Internship Preparation
- Module 8 – Networking, Resumes, Cover Letters and Interviews
- Module 9 – Succeeding on the Job
- Module 10- Life after Banking